Leave No Child Inside

Leave No Child Inside
Just another beautiful day!

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Crafts for Kids: Kids Camps Crafts and Ideas for projects!

 Crafts for Kids: Kids Camp Crafts or Kids Crafts Ideas for projects!
My "formula" for class set up is this: I pick four to five projects that fit within the theme of the days projects: i.e. Animals, garden, space, bugs, etc. This fills up 45 mins to 1 hour nicely. I place one sheet of instructions on the table, but don't insist on children following an "example". I like to see what they come up with, and also it allows them to go at their own pace. I simply ask; "who is ready for the next project?". I also try to mix in different mediums: i.e. painting, gluing, stickers, stamping, drawing, cutting, molding, taping, etc. Using materials like paper, ceramic, wood, cardboard, plastic, fabric, yarn and the other plethora of materials that come in craft kits. I order on-line mainly from Oriental Trading Co., Discount School Supply and S&S Worldwide (SSWW). And I buy materials at Target, Michael's and JoAnne's Fabric stores.  
 
This particular set of projects were based on "Feathered and Furry Friends" - we made a parrot, an owl and bunny and then used scrap fabric to make our own animal.


This used just cotton balls to fill in their bunny and paint to color them in.
 
Below was from a garden theme - this project was garden stones. We used air drying clay, mosaic tiles, buttons, "glass" plastic mosaic pieces and clear letters from Discount School Supply.



Here is a photo of the supplies we used and how I placed them in smaller bags for each table. I used a wire to cut the clay and divide it out. My favorite was the clear letter. They really added to the project and are very unique!
 
Below is from SSWW a DIY: Color me shoe. This was great for ALL ages, and this was for a teen night at the park event. I brought a box of sharpies and the shoes, and everyone got in on the fun. They also doodled notebooks too, for back to school. It was fun and a cute idea.

 
Toilet Paper roll crafts. I try to use as many recycled or reusable things I can find. I call these Toilet Paper roll rockets. Simply collect them, then hand them out and have the kids punch holes in the bottom of them for the streamers to tie in to.

I used sparkly foam to make circles. I found a temple on line, it showed the circle cut out, then make one straight cut to the middle (so only half way across). Then begin to make the circle into a cone, secure the cone with either tape, glue or staples. I found that the foam is so thick, it needed to be stapled. Then I used tape and glue to secure the cones to the paper rolls.
Next: we used pieces of foil to cover the rest of the rocket, metallic stars, and added the streamers. Optional: add a magnet for the fridge, or a string so you can hang it up! 



Below was a "Pond Theme" - we made ponds, dyed small plush lizards, made a bug collage and painted ceramic Frog banks.

 
Enjoy and let me know your ideas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment