Leave No Child Inside

Leave No Child Inside
Just another beautiful day!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Funny things about Work

RE: Christmas Lunch Program
It's true, there is no holiday program* for today's employee lunch. So fear not, you may eat your lunch in "peace". You will not be forced into any ritualistic merriment or obligatory socialization. However, I must tell you that I am disappointed...I had prepared a silly game of all “NEW words learned in 2009” and had put together a town version of the “Night before Christmas…and all through the parks, not a person was stirring, not even Don Clark…”

Even with the “singing ban" of '08, I thought I would press on – singing would surely make a comeback? Unfortunately, all hope was lost when I heard “there isn’t going to be any of that fun stuff this year, is there?”.
No. No, sadly, no fun stuff.

I don’t want to inconvenience anyone…once a year…for 15 minutes…to have some fun…especially this time of year. *(However, there is light at the end of the tunnel, if we are so lucky, there is a rumor that the TM might play a musical ditty from his banjo – but it wasn’t finalized – so I guess you will just have to show up to find out :)

As for those who like to walk on the wild side of fun, you are invited to have lunch with me tomorrow (or anyday for that matter) - TBD. Stay "tuned" - ha ha ha!~


RE: NEW! Sign in Restrooms:
It's so funny when you see a sign that points out something obvious, like "slippery when wet", or "do not pick up hitchhikers", or my favorite "Danger: high voltage, do not touch". You had me at "Danger".


Somethimes you even think to yourself - "do they even need a sign?". That is what I thought when I saw the newly installed signs in the restrooms: Employees must wash hands before returning to work. Then someone placed a handwritten post-it next to the one in the women's restroom that said "But we're not food handlers".

Hmmmm, I guess they do need a sign after all. I wish that person would wear one, so we know who to avoid!


RE: Capitol Christmas Tree Event
I heard a rumor that it was a HUGE sucess? Granted I started it and, I would be correct! It was a wonderfully unique and historic event that we were lucky to be invited to partake in. Yes, it was done at no cost - for my financially fiscal friends - you may put your mind at ease that the band was donated by Jim May Productions and Target sponsored the events refreshments. So except for Cassies' and my time - which let’s face it, is priceless! That said, I also owe a HUGE thank you to Judy Becker, Steve Sikorski and Terri Larson, who went above and beyond to assist with this project. Having happily agreed to have the tree stopping here, I was blissfully unaware of the impact on the other departments – streets, code, engineering, etc. So thank you for the bottom of my tree!

I hope this event was the start of an economic turnaround in town! Go shopping!!

The best part was getting the tree (a 70 foot "wide-load" trailer)out of the Target parking lot, I heard they had to tip the tree upright to get it out of here, ha ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment