Leave No Child Inside

Leave No Child Inside
Just another beautiful day!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

The joys of toys and eating with an 11 month old

I have an 11 month old little girl. I will have to tell you more about her later. Since she is by far the best baby I have ever met, and I am not just saying that... I mean happy, cuddly, loving little girl, who is smart and strong! I would've never imagined having so much fun with a baby - I guess I thought they would be a lot more work than this. So far, even pregnancy - it's been easy peasy!
So anyway at this age, there are plenty of her toys that make noise, and almost everyone has an annoying song that plays over, and over and over again. Sometimes with words but usually not, it gets stuck in your head and your not even sure you know the words in the first place. But there is no escaping it; because just when you forget about it, it plays again. Today I am sick of hearing her Pooh phone - it keeps prompting her to play along; I want to scream press 6, press 6, press 6 - ALREADY!
Then I must have wanted a challenge today - becuase I decided to try speghetti - O's, she was interested in feeding herself, so I thought why not. Untill she figured that the only way to eat the O's was from around her tiny fingers. So she dug in the O's till one would ring around her finger and then she'd bite it off. Unfortunatly, the RED 10 dye they use in the sauce, was everywhere! Stainning her seat, the tray, the bowl, her fingers, her mouth, my sleeves... what was I thinking. Ahhhh, the joys of toys and eating with an 11 month old. I wouldn't trade it for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment