Leave No Child Inside

Leave No Child Inside
Just another beautiful day!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Baby Bliss - April 2009


April 4, 2009 – 2 Months Old

Hello,

Due to popular demand, I guess I should have started a monthly update of baby, now that she is here :) Ha ha ha.

Yes, Emelia is doing great! She is growing well and has remained healthy. At her two week visit she had gained some weight at 7lbs 5ozs and grew an inch. However, I think she has gained at least another pound since then and grown another inch or so. She is now grown out of the "Newborn" clothes and some of the 0-3 months. She also outgrew the "swaddle", two weeks ago she kicked out of it and now sleeps in those adorable footy pj's. Lately she has been sleeping during the night - two back to back 5 hour blocks. But occasionally has an off night.

She has also been healthy so far, luckily we escaped whatever virus Rich had! She has another (2 month) doctor’s appointment coming up soon. But so far she is showing good signs of development. She started "cooing and ahhing", but hasn't found her "voice" yet. It is still very new and accidental.

Yes, we have taken lots of pictures, but have no way to share them - I will make my way to a Kodak kiosk soon and load them on a disk, so I can put them on the website. Our computer is a dinosaur and does not work well (I usually use the one at work but I am home, so I have to deal with this brick!). She is a good baby; in fact she is so smart and very strong. Almost from the beginning she could hold her head up, but now she can turn it side to side on her belly. She can also balance on her legs already; she scoots and is working on grasping. More and more each day she is observing the world around her and trying to make sense of it. She is alert and interactive, and has smiled on demand a couple times.

She is also turning out to be a good sleeper, not only will she go down while still a little awake, lately she almost "tells" us to put her down, so she can sleep. Apparently it is not as comfortable to fall asleep in an upright position anymore.

She is also more content being put down (out of arms); in her bouncer or in her swing. And I still think she looks like Rich - if you see his baby pictures, she is like a mini - me of him, but her looks change week to week too, and some still think she looks like me.

The dogs are doing well with her - especially since she doesn't cry as much - however, I think they are more interested in her toys though.

Well, hope all is well - God bless you and the economy - we wish you good health this spring and will write again soon!

Love the Worrell's

PS: There is a new sitcom coming out in April that is called Parks and Recreation - for the record I had an idea for a funny movie called "Parks and Recked" that I pitched to a producer two years ago. Despite being beside myself - I am not boycotting the show - I can't wait to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment