Leave No Child Inside

Leave No Child Inside
Just another beautiful day!

Friday, February 24, 2012

HOW TO: DIY Yo Gabba Gabba Birthday decorations

This is a series of photos of items I made from paper and other craft materials for my daughters 3rd Birthday party. She loves Yo Gabba Gabba, so that was the theme! I used images I got off the Internet and I used a font similar to that of YGG called "yahoo" and believe it or not I completely designed the radio from YGG by myself as there was not an image available anywhere that I could use. So I used a series of circles, squares and the best color matches on my computer to make it and it turned out great!! Enjoy!! 


This was a pennet banner I made that said Happy Birthday. We also used similar colored paper to make a bunch of rainbow paper chains and used that to add to the decorations. I love paper chains because they are easy to make and use and make a HUGE statement and look so festive!!

Above I cut the arms off the characters so they were more mobile and also made a pennet looking banner that went over the window.



This is a centerpiece I made - i actually ended up making two because it turned out so cool. Just goes to show you what you can do with materials that are just sitting around the house. So metallic duck tape and a printer!



This was the party bags - using my favorite DIY bag pattern I plug in some YGG and voila a custom party bag!

And of course what would a party be without invitations. So I used my awesome radio and went to town to design a unique custom - open in the middle invitation that really ROCKED!! Yes, I am for hire :)

3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely awesome! I thank you so much for posting these because my daughter is turning 1 in 12 days and we are doing the whole diy thing to save money, she is MAJORLY into Yo Gabba Gabba!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I did it not only to save money - but also becuase there was, at the time very little Yo Gabba stuff at the store. I hope she had fun - I did a LEGO theme this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do have have a downloadable link for your printables?! I love them so much! I came across you from google images.

    ReplyDelete