Leave No Child Inside

Leave No Child Inside
Just another beautiful day!

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

DIY: How to make Comic Book/Super Hero Center pieces and decorations!

This is how to make, or how I made my own Comic Book and Super Hero Theme center pieces for a Banquet - where the theme was Super heroes. I blog about what I can't normally find on the internet. So I hope this can help you. I had to first search and collect the clip art to be used and download the fonts. (I went to 1001freefonts.com) I also used some of our own logos that were created for our conference.
 
Anyway, the idea was to create something that looked like a city scape and then a comic strip to accommodate it. I used my printer, foam boards, black construction paper, scissors, spray mount, exacto knife, glitter, comic book stickers and tea lights.  
 
 
 Here you can see the "strips" have been printed out and mounted to the foam board. I then used the exsacto knife to cut them out and score the edges where I bent them.
As you can see here 5 boards made 25 strips, for 25 tables. We ended up needing 30 - so it depends on how big you want them and how many you need.

Here you can see the strips cut out and the one is standing up, now that I have scored it.

Here is the finished product. To make the city scape for the centerpieces I used large (construction type) black poster paper. I made two city scape on each one. If you look at this example, you can guess what the city line looked like in the second one. And I used a silver sharpie to color in some "windows", and cut out some with a square hole punch. Some metallic star garland was added at the event and tea light were set in the middle to light up the table. The light reflecting off the metallic stars and casting a shadow on the city scape was perfect!! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment