Leave No Child Inside

Leave No Child Inside
Just another beautiful day!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

How To Make A Picnic Invitation or BBQ Apron

How To Make A Cute Homemade Birthday Invitation - Picnic/BBQ Apron Invitations:

Using card stock white computer paper, computer graphics, red construction paper, a hole punch, red thin ribbon and glue.

If you look to the left of the picture - that is the formatted 8 1/2 X 11 card stock that I ran through the printer after I designed the invitations in WORD. I used a basic shape to form the neck of the apron - then used a rectangle to complete the apron and hide the other side of the shape - giving me what looks like a long apron, I also placed little tiny circles to show me where I would later make hole punches (I kept the shapes outlined in red to make it easier to cut them out, for me the red outlined on the back of the invitations was not a big deal - you could use a different color out line if you wish to be more discrete). I then used a picnic pattern to complete the apron - what I would later fold over to make a pocket.

Then I used a picture from clip art to make a hamburger - I also clicked on "washout" to lighten the hamburger so the red text would stand out. I then put the invitation information over the picture, using "50's Fandango" font. Each 8 1/2 X 11 made two invitations.

I then cut out the pieces.
  After all the aprons and hamburgers were cut out; I folded over the pockets on the aprons and glued the edges (to make a pocket - leave the top open); then I cut out hamburger shapes from the red construction paper and glued those together, if want it to looked "matted" then make sure the red paper is just a little bit bigger, to leave a red "outline" around your hamburger invitation.

Once everything had dried, I punched 4 holes in each apron; two in the neck, and two for the waist strings. Then I cut a 12 inch pieces of red string to lace through the holes. Making it look like part of the apron. I did not print anything on the back of the hamburger, but this might be a good place for further direction, a map or other specifics about the party. Good luck and have fun! Ask me for more ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment