Leave No Child Inside

Leave No Child Inside
Just another beautiful day!

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Poem or rap?

You can do it
Rise above
Where there's hope
There is love

Find it in family
Find it in friends
Learn from the best
Don't settle for less

Find your voice
Sing your song
It won't matter
If you don't belong

Rule your world
And be at peace
Absorb what you can
From the people you met

Take what you can
From the places you go
Be kind to the earth
And you both will grow

Everyones' blessed
To each their own
Find your way
But don't forget home

I found this in a journal, I actually wrote it back in 2007 just after my back injury. Was I needing inspiration or was I hopped up on drugs?? Either way it came out pretty good and I had forgotten about it till now. I read it to a friend and she said "It sounds like a rap!?". Low and behold I had labeled the page "My Rap" - enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment