Leave No Child Inside

Leave No Child Inside
Just another beautiful day!

Monday, March 22, 2010

I HATE getting political, but...

AZ PROP 100-

YES or NO?
YES says - YES we NEED money for our schools, our schools are in crisis and the outlook is grim if we don't pass this tax, we'll have nothing. We can't do anything with any less.

NO says - NO, NO new taxes! Stop taxing the poor to give to the rich. There has never been a "temporary tax" in AZ, despite them starting out that way - they become long term and still the government finds a way to spend that money too!
What do I say? I agree that our state is in crisis, and I agree we need more money to go to parks, recreation, school age programs, schools, education, ect. Heck, I work in government, so this is the sort of thing I should support. But, I am also a tax payer. The problem is the people who write these taxes and proposals. They will find a way to write in, or they are forced to write in these "loop holes" for unrepresented circumstances. That allow politicians to take from the that "ear marked" money, and you guessed it, put it in the general fund. Or put it wherever the self propelling politician decides he needs it! NO MORE TAXES!!! Enough is enough! Balance what you have and stop overspending, and STOP pulling funds from important programs. I want to say NO on prop 100 - becuase I want them to start spending a different way and be held responsible! BUT, I also know a few teachers who will could be laid off and even more programs cut if it doesn't pass... so I will voting YES... this time.

 
http://yeson100.com/blog/post/they-get-it--they-really-get-it?action=comment

No comments:

Post a Comment